+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mountains

Hybrid View

Arrow Mountains

Just returned from a road trip to British Columbia and Alberta Canada.

There is an endless succession of mountains along routes 93 and 95 from the time you cross the border at Roosville B.C. and turn east onto Trans-Canada Route 1 at Golden and then head north along the Icefields Parkway in Alberta from Lake Louise to the Columbia Ice Fields.

The drive from Lake Louise to the Icefields provides an incredible variety of shape, color, form, texture and lighting effects for eighty miles - of sensory overload.

Not to mention what one might see on all the side trips that can be taken.

If you love the mountains, this trip is one to consider. Hiking boots are optional, but definitely enhance the experience.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thanks John. Added to my retirement trip list. I usually spend a week or so in the YNP area every summer but am lookng forward to taking my A Liner camper and try out Glacier than head into Canada from there. The plan for the first one out is to take two months to do it.
    Best,
    Steve
    it's all good drifts

Blog Entries

John,
    Would love to take that drive some day. I think all fly fishermen have a special attachment to mountains

Distant view, and have to look closely, but the view I had daily while fishing the Henry's Fork near Ashton, Idaho this summer
    The mountains add to the experience

My wife and I made the trip John mentions some years ago and I totally agree. It is absolutely majestic. I also recommend the Banff Spring hotel as a jumping off point. We love the Austrian Alps, but this area surpasses that. Highly recommended.
    God Bless America

Summer of 2016 the wife and I considered those mountains by rail. We were to fly to Calgary and take the train back through the mountains to Vancouver with 3 or 4 overnight stops. The company we were to book with was Rocky Mountaineer.
    We decided against that trip and took a cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver instead. Most relaxing vacation I've ever had.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread