+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting situated

Hybrid View

Default Getting situated

After relocating from the Black Hills of SD and WY to the panhandle of FL, finally was able to get the fly tying desk/area situated today. Jeesh, kinda had forgotten about trying to get things organized well for new conditions, especially after not being able to bring 3 plastic storage bins with drawers that wouldn't fit in the Ranger. My question to you all is what kind of storage do you use for an efficient tying area? Fortunately I have materials for about anything that swims, but not any storage except some drawers in the desk, a plastic tote, and my Fish Pond tying material bag yhat I use when traveling. Any suggestions to what you find useful is appreciated for in advance.

Blog Entries

I highly recommend this little video. Lots of good ideas that you can see. I believe you can get containers like he shows in the video from either Walmart, KMart, or Ben Franklin, or like stores.

http://youtu.be/vzvZw_DnsZw
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 09-12-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Blog Entries

8wt,

A long time ago I purchased three sets of stackable storage racks with 6 closed containers each, measuring 14 x 14 x 3. I stacked all three racks one on top of the other and with 18 boxes, I can store a ton of tying material. I tried to find the same system on line but I can not locate them. I believe I purchased mine at a JoAnn store. Wish I could tell you where you could buy them now as they are really handy for storing tying materials.

Larry ---sagefisher---

8wt,

Welcome to Paradise!

Where are you in the panhandle?

Regards, Bill
    I flyfish the salt because the voices in my head tell me to...

Havana address, just outside Tally. Got into some ladyfish labor day on Clousers for my first florida fish. Any suggestions on patterns that I should be working on?

8wt,

Email me at caibill@cox.net and we can discuss patterns. We fish the St. Marks area a lot. Also, there's a good fly club in Tally.

Regards, Bill
    Last edited by caibill; 09-13-2016 at 09:46 AM. Reason: email address not correct
    I flyfish the salt because the voices in my head tell me to...

Byron, somehow, when I saw your post with a link, I just knew it was going to lead of one of Kelly's videos. I just started watching those a couple days ago, and saw a clip about the tubes for storing flash.

I started tying a few years ago. I do not have anywhere near the amount of materials that Kelly has. I've got 5 of those plastic shoeboxes full of stuff, and a smaller, sixth shoebox that has a lot of miscellaneous stuff.

One thing I do, is all the little "bags" of stuff, I keep those on shower curtain rings. I have all my dubbings on one, all my beads on one, all my flashabou on one, ect.

+ Reply to Thread