Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
Thought you all might use a good chuckle.
I "attempted" to do the triple nail knot on the looped section of fly line. You need a stable knotting tool (vise gripped to the desk top??) and three or four hands in a very restricted area! What a hoot! Wound up using a perfection loop nail knotted to the line! Obviously, more practice is called for before use!
Quote Originally Posted by tedshuck View Post
Betty, I have struggled with this too! What I have found helps is to make the loop in the tip of the fly line about 6 inches long. Leave plenty of room so you aren't struggling to keep things together. Then, use a darning needle instead of a nail. It's a lot easier to thread the eye of the darning needle with the end of the mono than to try to thread the mono alongside the nail. Once you have the nail knot formed, but before you tighten it, adjust the loop in the fly line so you are using only a couple of inches of line for the loop. Then, tighten down the nail knot.
I'm not a knot-tying wizard by any stretch, but I think it's very easy to do with the Tie-Fast tool the guy is using in the video. The Tie-Fast tool rules.