I find that on the Whiting Saddles you can normally get 3 sizes of hackle from one saddle. I also agree with using saddles on parachutes makes them go much faster and easier as you do not need hackle pliers until the end of the saddle. About 5 or 6 flies to one use of the pliers. Think about the 100 packs as with the sizes you are talking about it will be cheaper for you to buy a few packs of them than a whole or half saddle and you will get the sizes you will need. 100 flies out of a pack is more flies than most tiers tie in several months of tying. Might be a good way for you to go?

I have never understood why people say to go one size larger on Parachutes?? I will post this again.
For doing a given size of parachute Tie the post on the hook you want to use right were it normally goes. Stand it up into position and whip finish your thread. All that is on the hooks is the post but you can also put the tail on if you like even the body. Just so the post is standing. Now take a saddle or any hackle and wrap it one time around that post and if the hackle hits right were the tail and body meet on the back of the hook shank you have the perfect size of hackle for a parachute.It can be a little one way or the other and the fish won't care a bit. When you are done sizing your hackle for the flies that you are going to tie just finish the fly that is in your vise. It is that easy. Hope that helped a little. Ron