+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tick, tick, tick

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Tick, tick, tick

Looks like the tick problem out west may be a little worse this year. Just keep that in mind when going through thick grass or brush, check for the creepy little critters often.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I was pulling ticks off after hiking around in 40 degree weather at 6500' back in early April; can't wait to see what warmer weather brings.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

I know it sounds "strange" ( consider who is sending it!) BUT... if you wear a pair of pants hose, the ticks cannot get to your feet or legs! Just shake them out when you're done... or have a stack of them (panty hose) ready... and change out each day. Gainers will also hep in the fight...but panty hose are best!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I can see it now. Me: "dear can you pick me up some panty hose while you are out shopping today?" Wife: "WTH did I marry?" "What do I tell or kids?" No way I'm having that conversation. It's DEET for me. lol
    Trout don't speak Latin.

A long departed friend heard panty hose were warm, so he ask his wife to get him the tallest pair she could find, he was going out on the Tennessee River in January. He made his usual Thermos of coffee the night before, headed out, dressed in skivvies, panty hose, slacks and snowmobile suit. After a while the coffee had its usual effect. So he unzips the snowmobile suit, unzips the slacks, gets to the panty hose, NO zipper. As he told the story, there he stood on the bow of his bass boat bobbing up and down with a razor sharp pocket knife trying to be sure he only cut the panty hose.

Pete was a twice wound member of the 82nd Airborne and jumped into Normandy on June 6, 1944.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I think Betty is trying to drum up interest for her new mail-order business of supplying gear from the women's aisles to men who fly fish. I expect that she'll be offering Joe Namath brand hosiery, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, and any number of other products for fly fisherMEN. I think we all owe Betty a debt of gratitude for this service. A debt we'll never stop paying, once the blackmail notes start coming in.

Regards,
    Ed

I was reading about vicks vapor rub and it works as a tick repel-ant, might be worth a try. Have never had one bite me, they just crawl off. They literally jump off my brother. Yea they are common here in Wyoming
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread