Hey guys,

so, my friends dad comes to me from time to time with orders for flies...
Usually i have to ask you guys for input on what to do... This is no different, some of the lifers might remember some of these, one looked like a deer hair popper with long deer hair for the legs... Kind of looked like a frog of sorts... Another was a 2x long shank with nothing more then yarn for the body, crinkled deer hair for the tail, about the length of the body, and wings made also of deer hair, straight out, and swept back again the length of the body... I dont mind resurrecting old beat up patterns he brings me from the past, or creating something new altogether. But im not sure what to do with this request...

He asked me to make him floating flies in 12-14 mimicking power bait... So... Im thinking just place foam to create a ball and call it done... Unless you guys have a better idea? To be honest, im a little discouraged that he would even ask for such a thing... He asked for a imitation in chartreuse, white, corn, salmon peach, and salmon egg... Im not sure the foam will work actually, kinda tough getting a big ball without seeing any thread...

Do you guys have a suggestion on material(s)?

Personally, im not sure if im ok with making these, ive boycotted power bait my whole life... Ive grown to call fishman who use the stuff dough baiters... Obviously im not going to infuse these with pheromones or scents, so i dont think they will work at all.

Whats your opinion? On materials and weather or not its against our fly tiers code.

always love hearing from you guys,
spoof