+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's your flyfishing gear bag?

Hybrid View

I was out shopping with my wife and we went into the Totes outlet. I found this little travel bag with a shoulder strap for $15 that had a main compartment big enough for two or three fly boxes and a reel. The back compartment has several pockets that are the perfect size for leaders. It has several other compartments that hold my tippet spools and other items. There is a side pocket with a velcro flap that is perfect for my floatant. The main compartment closes with rare earth magnets. I thought, this is stupid...I couldn't get a bag this perfect for less than $60 at a fly shop. It's been my bag of choice ever since.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
    I was out shopping with my wife and we went into the Totes outlet. I found this little travel bag with a shoulder strap for $15 that had a main compartment big enough for two or three fly boxes and a reel. The back compartment has several pockets that are the perfect size for leaders. It has several other compartments that hold my tippet spools and other items. There is a side pocket with a velcro flap that is perfect for my floatant. The main compartment closes with rare earth magnets. I thought, this is stupid...I couldn't get a bag this perfect for less than $60 at a fly shop. It's been my bag of choice ever since.
    So, what did you buy for your wife???
    God Bless America

I primarily use a vest. I just find it easier to haul stuff around. The only other carrier I bring if camping is a FishPond flytying bag.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

My gear is totally dependant. If I were a long haul ICE CREAM truck driver, I'd be in deep poo-poo. I cannot cross a bridge without rubbernecking both up and downstream and stopping if i see possibilities. I've discovered hundreds of streams that way to which I later devoted much more time. My mo is , observe the water, chose ONE fly and go. The gear is if NO import ( as you can see )

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbell View Post
    So, what did you buy for your wife???
    I have no recollection. As usual, I was on auto-pilot in the outlet world while she shopped.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

+ Reply to Thread