+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JC's kid

Default JC's kid

How on Earth have I never been fly fishing before? I will ever feel very unfortunate to have not met JC; however, his love of the waters and fishing runs strong in my veins. New to the site, I have been trying to read everything possible on the basics, and appreciate the tips some of you have already sent me. A spinning reel fisherwoman I am, and can fish with the best of them. Thank you for the warm welcome!
    Grace comes by art, and art does not come easy

Welcome Missdavidson hopefully fly fishing become a significant part of your fishing life

Thank you!

Welcome to you from all "JC's kids". Few of us met him, but his wisdom still runs all through the site.

Default A wise old friend......

First off, welcome to FAOL, you will find many great people here!!! Secondly, though I had never met JC personally, I did "meet" him in the Chatroom here. I valued him as mentor/advisor, and a good friend. If you want to get to know him, go to the Features section from the home page, click on it and scroll down to the "James Castwell" section. Much of his wisdom is documented there. Again, welcome to FAOL, tight lines, and don't be a stranger.
    Work is something for people that don't fish.

Welcome from Wyoming Missy
    Wyo-Blizzard

Hi Missy;
    I had the good fortune to fish with both JC and Ladyfisher back in 2006, 7 & 8 at the Michigan & Idaho Fish - Ins. In 2006 he showed up in Michigan in black tie and tails and gave us casting lessons! Then in 2007 he was Super Man and gave us a repeat performance. Somewhere I have a photo of him giving my kid brother casting lessons on the Selway in Idaho! I considered him a friend. He never called me by my first name! It was always "Hey Hise"!!
    To really understand what FAOL is about you have to be active, not only here on the "Board" but take part in Fish - Ins.
    Back in 2006 at the first Michigan Fish - In I came to know many members and some became fast friends. One of the best is Kaboom1 (aka Brad Sherick). He and I have spent many a great day on trout streams from Michigan to Tennessee and all the way to Idaho and back! The Driftless area is another story!!
    So, welcome to the home of some great future friends!!
    Tight Lines!

Hey Hise! Funny you should mention, I have always called my peeps by their last names as well. Some things you just can't deny!

+ Reply to Thread