+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What brand has a good....or the best horizontal rotary....no V notch?

I had a Dynaking Barracuda that work very well, but traded it for a Nor Vise and never looked back. The ease in which the Norvice can apply materials to the hook is amazingly fast and simple once you learn to use it. The automatic bobbin adds to the versatility of the inline rotary vise. The Norvise does have an offset jaw accessory I find helpful when tying on small hooks. If you know someone with this vise I recommend giving it a try. There is a learning curve, but well worth the time mastering the vice and bobbin. Once you get it, you get it!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

There are two vices that I have in mind that fits your needs one is the motorized Dyna King made for curing Epoxy flies about 20 years ago, there were around 20 production models that were sold. I have one, that I would consider selling. Number two this is a super new vice it's been on the market more in Europe then in the US for the last for five years it's from Italy it's made by Stanflo and it is called Kaiman that is distributed in the United States through Hairline Dubbing IT IS Fantastic! It holds the hook with a Spring lever arm similar to a Regal it rotates on ball bearings similar to a Norvice !

Blog Entries

I've seen the video on the Stonflo models and they look quite interesting.

+ Reply to Thread