Quote Originally Posted by saltydancindave View Post
Haven't fished the Cacapon in probably over 20 years, back when it was one of the top 10 cleanest rivers in America. Used to be fantastic fly fishing in summer & fall where some friends had a hunting camp adjacent to a big farm the river flowed thru. Spring fishing was more trout oriented down in Virginia on forks of the Cacapon , as bass season usually was a little later & closer to the Potomac confluenece. Fish any Harry Murray & Ed Shenk streamers until crickets & grasshopper season. The white miller hatch in late summer wasn't quite as prolific as on Potomac or Shenandoah, but before all the septic system overflows during flooding you could see smallies down to 20 feet deep coming up during hatches.
The last time I was up there (December) the water was pretty high due to run-off, so you couldn't see the bottom. However, his land borders that of one of his college roommates and we'd been up there some years ago. The water was crystal clear then, so I'm kind of hoping that's going to be the case when we head up there in April. I'll definitely tie up some streamers and take a handful of bugs with me in case the hoppers are out.

Thanks for the tips.