Last week I bought a starter kit for Clear Cure Goo, with a tube of thick, a tube of thin, and the torch. I've tied a few flies with it, and have liked the results.

Last night, I started tying some Barr's Graphic Caddis flies. In chartreuse. When I took the first fly out of the vise, wouldn't you know it, but the darn thing tumbled and rolled off my finger, and fell. I didn't know if it fell into the trash bag I have on my vise, somewhere onto my desk, or somewhere on the floor. What's worse, I'm really anxious to find it, as I had two very curious cats snoozing under my desk. Last thing I need is for one of them to try and eat it....

I emptied my trash bag without finding it. I grabbed a flashlight and started shining that around on the carpet, hoping to catch a glint of reflected light off the holographic silver tag on the fly. No dice. Then, it hit me. This thing is fluorescent! I grabbed the UV torch from my kit, and started turning off all the lights in and around my bench.

I turned on my torch and started shining it around. Man, there's a lot of junk on the floor! I try to be as neat as I can, but wow! Little snippets of 70-denier chartreuse thread showed up like Size A thread. A chartreuse Silli-Leg glowed like it was on fire. Lots of little fluffs of white fur, marabou, UV Pearl Midge Flash, etc. I found a small fluorescent orange scud that I had dropped a few weeks ago when I was recycling old hooks. Then, I found the fly I had dropped, under my chair. Heaved a sigh of relief on that one!