+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's almost time!!!

Hybrid View

Default It's almost time!!!

We're having some nice weather here in Georgia and it will only be a few more weeks before the bass and bream are in their spring feeding frenzy. I got to spent some time at the tying bench a few weeks back filling up my fly boxes in anticipation. Black mohair yarn leeches are my go-to patterned for big bream, so I tied up enough for the season.

I also tied up a couple fo dozen mop flies from the link that Uncle Jesse posted a while back and they look like they'll work great as well.

Jim Smith

Here in Oklahoma we are a few weeks behind you. My fly boxes are overflowing because we had such high water last spring --- early summer It was some of my poorest warm water fishing in years . Real estate development has sucked up some of my best ponds. Hope you have a great year in Georgia

Good job. Your flies look great!

I can hardly wait here in Virginia. Last year I caught my first warmwater fish (a redbreast sunfish) on March 12. With our relatively mild winter so far, can I do better this year?
    And wherever the river goes, every living creature that swarms will live, and there will be very many fish. Ezekiel 47:9

Now that I'm in MI, I envy y'all. We still have ice on the lakes. My job just shut down for the month (country club, no point in staying open when the course is closed). Time to flip into Production Mode and start working on the tying lists I've made over the past few months.....

If my math is correct Friday 2/5 is halfway through the official Winter season, not that I am counting or anything. Mr. Smith invited me to come visit him with my little plastic boat and long pole a couple of years ago. If the invitation is still open, this is the year I am finally going to make. Can't let an offer like that go to waste now that I am officially an old codger.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread