+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guest Speaker

Default Guest Speaker

Last night at our regular club meeting we had a guest speaker and tyer his name is Don Bastian.
    I have to say it was a pleasure watching him tie, he was tying a fly called the Parmacheen Belle and it was beautiful. His presentation was on the history of wet flies.

Have any of you ever seen him tie or heard of him?

------------------
    "If it was easy anybody could do it"
    Timothy S. Furey Sr.

Yes, I know Don Bastian and have watched ihim tie on many occassions. He is one of about 50 people who will be tying at the Catskill Fly Tyer's Guild annual 'Rendezvous' on Saturday, April 16 in Roscoe, NY.
    By the way, he has an excellent dvd on tying wet flies.

Allan

He had some of the dvd's with him last night but I didn't have any cash on hand at the time. My loss for sure. He gave me his card so maybe I can do a mail order.

------------------
    "If it was easy anybody could do it"
    Timothy S. Furey Sr.

I will be fishing Spring Creek in PA with one of his groups next month. I have been told that he has some interesting and unique ideas about nymph fishing.

Sounds like a good tape to add to my collection. Where can I order one from? Those were the days when wet flies were the only subsurface flys you ever heard about.
    Thanks LDV

Just got back from a class he gave. Great class. Great instructor. Tied seven flies, to include the Trout Fin. Have the CD. One of the better tying CDs. He shows you AND tells you what you see. He's speaking at a banquet tomorrow. I'll check on where to get the CD. (If I remember)

Thanks Lou t, Will make a call in the morning.We appreciate the help.LDV

Yes, I saw his presentation at the Somerset Show in January. A great tyer and very knowledgeable about Ray Bergman. He tied all of the Bergman patterns in the book "Forgoten Flies". Beautiful stuff. I ordered his DVD on tying classic wet flies and have been watching it (listening mostly) while I tie flies.

I made a reply to the questions on the Don Bastian DVD Tying Classic Wet Flies availability nearly two hours ago but as yet it hasn't been posted. ????

Sorry guys - it's my first time on FAOL. I probably screwed up the reigstration or something. Tying Classic Wet Flies DVD by Don Bastian is available directly from him by check or money order. Available by credit card at the following shops:
    Fishing Creek Angler, Benton PA; The Sporting Gentleman, Media, PA; A. Mangili Rod Co., Warwick, RI; Lines End, Marlborough, NH; Badger Creek Fly Tying, Ithaca, NY; & Fishusa, Erie, PA.

+ Reply to Thread