8:30am this morning. I was hooked up to an IV and blood pressure cuff with a pulse monitor and was ready to go in to have knee scoped. Surgeon came in and gave the run down of other possibilities. He said might have to do micro-fracture surgery while in there if damage was too severe and maybe some arthritic areas may be shaved or polished. He said it could be as simple as shaving a piece of meniscus off.

He had never told me about the bad possibilities before. I thought it would be a simple hour surgery and crutches for 4/5 weeks. I was looking at maybe the same route as I started with my left knee replacement. I had micro-fracture surgery on it first and it failed after 6 months on crutches and then had knee replaced.

I couldn't hide my freaked outness from the surgeon and my wife barb because my pulse was on audible and it went from 72 beats a minute to 110 right after the news.

Barb came up to me and placed her hand on my shoulder and smiled and told me everything would be just fine. What happened next was amazing. From Barb putting her hand on my shoulder and smiling and reassuring me my audible heart rate slowed down immediately to 66 beats a minute. We all heard that and I smiled at Barb.

It was kinda a wow moment.
Surgery was a success and no bad results and no micro-fracture surgery required..

BarbThillsm.jpg

I love you Barb.