+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how much

AlanB Guest

Since I have stopped tying commercially I have lived of my old supply of hooks. Now I am running out of various shapes and sizes so I have put together an order for hooks that has come to ?160 ($220), but this is just a top up for my personal stock. Had I had to pay the full price for these hooks it would be more than double that.

Then again I don't run a wife, and that is a very expensive hobby.

Alan.

------------------
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

One order or one trip? Last fall, we did a trip where we hit Ennis, West Yellowstone, and Bozeman. I managed to spend some serious cash, on tying supplies, over two days. Probably ~$650

The one order total isn't the important one. It's the total of all the orders that is the killer. I could pruchase a very nice luxury sedan with change left over and here I drive a rusty old '65 GMC PU!!!!! Ha Ha Ha

Happy Trails!
    Ronn
    Happy Trails!
    Ronn

http://ronnlucassr.com/

Hi Joe

I think that the most I've ever spent at one
    time was around $100 Canuck. ( That's about $ 1.95 U.S. ) It's all those quick little trips to see what's new that kills me. LOL
    On the other hand, I kiss up to the wife for all the luxury items like rotary vises just before birthday's and X-mas time.

when I go to a fly shop I have a rule. Either take plenty of money or take none at all. WOrks great unless I take money!

+ Reply to Thread