+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much

Default how much

What is the most ammount of money you guys have spent one a single order for tying materials?I just went through hook and hackle's website and its amazing how much stuff i want.

Well over $1,000 on just fur and feathers. But that was immediately after my shop burned.

I have spent around $600 and that was over 25 years ago. Still have most of it. Jan

Joe,

Actually, I don't recall ever actually spending a huge amount of money AT ANY ONE TIME. Unfortunately, even a little, spread out over 100's of purchases adds up both in volumn and value. Now I'm just guessing, but I'll bet my travel kit is worth more than $1000. At one time I had 100 boxes of hooks in it.

Allan

I am like others here, I buy things at the $25 to $60 range many times. I probably have only spent over $200 when I have purchased a new vise along with some other things. However, it seems I spend that $25 or so every 2-3 weeks, so it adds up fast. Who ever said you do not tye flies to save money was right, but it is a great past time and very satisfying. As hobbies or fishing activities go, it is not all that expensive. I know all my fly fishing tackle and fly tying equipment and supplies does not even come close to one bass boat.

Dr Bob
    Bob Widmaier

My biggest fear when I die is that my wife will sell my fly fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!

Jim Slattery Guest

A order of hooks alone over $1000.00. Hackle over $800.00. Still tying with a Thompson Model "A". If I figure out how to put a V8 on it, I can compete with the big boys.
    Jim

------------------
    [url=http://www.Jimsflyco.com:634e1]www.Jimsflyco.com[/url:634e1]

I use to buy all of one hackle growers grade #4's and #5's each year then re-sale them. So I would spend somewere between 4 and 5 grand at a time. But I no longer do that so I get away with just a few hundred at a time. Most places that I buy from have minimums of how much an order can be for. Usually about $50.00 or so. Ron

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incrimidate me!

~Parnelli

As I am sure you have heard before:
    "My only fear is that when I am gone my wife will sell my fishing things for what I told her I paid for it"

I'm the guy that told the manager of the local fly shop to take their logo off their bags. It's easier to sneak dead animal flesh and chicken feathers past the boss in a plain brown bag. Just remember the egg is a donation while a saddle hackle is total commitment from the chickens perspective. Praying for spring in Wisconsin.

+ Reply to Thread