+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly Tier's Benchside Reference

Default Fly Tier's Benchside Reference

Just watched Fly Fish TV the other day... [url=http://www.amatobooks.com:7eaa7]www.amatobooks.com[/url:7eaa7] has a special TV offer... 5 years (20 issues) of Fly Fishing and Tying Journal Magazine subscription for $89.95 (+$10.00 shipping and handling) and they'll send you The Fly Tier's Benchside Reference for free.

I am not connected with Amato Books in any way, just thought this was a good deal and haven't seen any posts on it here.

Frank Amato Publisher's Fly Tier's Benchside Reference costs $100 retail. Sounds like a win-win-win situation to me. If you don't want the magazine, have them send those to me, I already have my own Benchside Reference Book by Amato Publishing.

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited January 21, 2003).]

Sounds almost too good to be true. Are you sure they didn't mean the CD ROM version of the Fly Tyers Reference? If they do indeed mean the actual book, it is a great deal.

Jim Smith

nope. I've seen the offer in the mag itself. my concern would be that the mag ceases publication before yer five year scrip is up. then again you'd still have the book at a good price.

it's a good mag too and I'd do it if I didn't already have the benchside reference.

besides I like being able to pick up a new issue of a magazine at the newstand once in a while.

mgj

I found a great deal, if you are going to buy the benchside reference. [url=http://www.amatobooks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AmatobooksCom& Category_Code=TV_Special_Schedule:9f7aa]http://www.amatobooks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AmatobooksCom& Category_Code=TV_Special_Schedule[/url:9f7aa]

I hope the link works

Mike

If you don't want the magazine ...the last time I checked the book was being offered on Amazon for $68 and free shipping.

Does anyone know if the offers presented above are just for new subscriptions?

Amazon is out of stock but still taking orders. I bought mine on ebay for 68.00

I took advantage of this offer and while it may sound too good to be true, they honored it. It's like buying the book and getting the magazine free for 5 years (or vice versa). Go to their website and click on TV Special to get the deal. Plus, it is, IMHO, the best of the industry mags. Not alot of fluff, and mostly practical info.

Mikey - If you like the mag, sign up anyway. Sell your second copy of the book on eBay or somewhere and that would pay for alot of the subscription price. Be like getting the mag for a song and a dance (if you don't dance, then sing two songs )

------------------
    Elliott W.

I tie flies to give the fish something to laugh about.
    Elliott

I tie flies so the fish have something to laugh about!

I took up their offer for the magazine and the Benchside Ref. I love'm both!!!

I'm with popnbug, both for a subscription and they are great. It may take awhile to get it, so be patient. The TFTB Ref will be your bible next to AC'S Fly tying tutorials and flry's

Philip

------------------
    I look into... my fly box, and think about all the elements I should consider in choosing the perfect fly: water temperature, what stage of development the bugs are in, what the fish are eating right now. Then I remember what a guide told me: 'Ninety percent of what a trout eats is brown and fuzzy and about five-eighths of an inch long.' - Allison Moir.
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

+ Reply to Thread