I haven't had any problems w/ sizes #2-#24 w/ the peak's standard jaws. I suppose I could have tried to lock into a 1/0 or 2/0 salmon hook, but then I'd have been forced to tie something on it and remain burnt out on those type of flies.

that said, after a couple hundred flies tied on the peak I took it off the bench and have reverted to the renzetti traveler again. as I mentioned in that other thread, I'm just more comfortable w/ it, though that's no doubt the result of many years tying w/ it.

I think that ultimately, the deciding factor when you're considering a vise is your budget. if I wanted to drop $300 on a vise, I'd buy a dyna-king barracuda, if I wanted to drop $600, the renzetti presentation. $700 or whatever it runs, I'd be looking at the law. I'm not prepared to spend that much money on a vise and am more than happy w/ what I have. that of course may change this time next year.

I do know that I'll probably be tying flies for the rest of my life, when you consider that, even $700 is a rather small investment.

goodness gracious, I'm rambling. better shut up here and move on to my question...

mgj