Quote Originally Posted by bikebum View Post
Those are great! What foam do you use for your raw material? Is it easily accessible? would love to try my hand at some but they will be nowhere near the paint job on yours

Bikebum
Quote Originally Posted by bikebum View Post
Those are great! What foam do you use for your raw material? Is it easily accessible? would love to try my hand at some but they will be nowhere near the paint job on yours

Bikebum
I use the foam cylinders from my local shop. They come in different colors and sizes, I use the 3/8 and 1/2 inch sizes. I have a bit that goes in my dremel tool to turn them down with.
As far as the paint goes, sometimes I will use the foam color as the base color, and if I want a different color, I either spray paint the body, or use acrylic paint from the craft store as a base. After the base color is on, I use a small piece of fine mesh stretched over the body and held tight with an old pair of forceps to make the scales. I use cheap flat black spray paint to spray a light coat on and remove the mesh after it dries a little. Then it is just a matter of giving it a few light coats of Liquid Fusion. It is very easy to do the paint. Have fun and let me know if you need any help, I will be glad to help you out!