+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FTBSR

Default FTBSR

I just finished reading the Fly Tiers Benchside Reference. I know they say to just read the parts you are interested in.

By reading the whole thing I ran onto more things I did not know that the ones that I did. I now have a bunch of things that I want to try.

With all the pictures and the great explanations I think this is now my favorite how to book.

Rick

Man Rick, did you read the whole dictionary too? It is a great book isn't it?

Jay

Best thing I have in the library next to Al Campbell's Tutorials. Lefty is 3rd. for the salty bones and dick Brown' bonefish fly patterns.

I wasw reading up on the different weed gaurds. It is a wealth of knowledge Rick

------------------
    I look into... my fly box, and think about all the elements I should consider in choosing the perfect fly: water temperature, what stage of development the bugs are in, what the fish are eating right now. Then I remember what a guide told me: 'Ninety percent of what a trout eats is brown and fuzzy and about five-eighths of an inch long.' - Allison Moir.
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

I rec'd mine in the mail a couple of days ago. I am a bit overwhelmed at all of the information. There is stuff in there that I have never heard of. So, I have decided to read the intro parts first, like the descriptions of saddles and capes, and go from there. What an amazing book it is. I doubt that I shall ever part with it and when I am composted then some young fella or gal may have it.

+ Reply to Thread