I always like these shoot outs just so I can see what other fly fishermen think of rods. My one big wish is that they used more than just that one line. I had a 9' 4wt Zenith before the 5 weight won the shoot out that year. I tried the line they used ( i think it was a GPX that year) on a 5 weight ( one of the shops guide rods) it was OK but when I put a RIO gold on it Boom it was a whole lot better. I too am happy that they test some of the less expensive rods that are out there. not everyone can drop $600-$800 on a fly rod, from what I see at the shop most people are hesitant to drop $400-$500 on a rod. Earlier this fall I cast both the Redington Hydrogen ( a clear case where a different line would have been a better choice) and the Fenwick Aetos they are both goo rods for the money. I also cast the Zephyrus and Wraith rods and got much the same feelings as were written about. If you have the $$ and are headed to special place were long casts needed the Wraith is the 1 rod to get. You can chuck a bunch of line and accurately to boot. as was said above - rods are one of the more "personal" parts of FF equipment so your mileage may vary.

steve