+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 Second Fix?

Default 5 Second Fix?

Okay, saw this while watching a fishing show this morning. This looks similar to the UV products out there, but not having used them I have no idea if this is a better idea or not? Seems good, but what do I know!!

https://www.5secondfix.com/?mid=6670895

Thanks for your opinions.

Mike

Smile

If it looks like a duck chances are your not going to mistake it for a puppy, trust your instincts.
    Capt. Paul Darby Dont wait to be ask, get out and teach.

UV acrylics are quite ubiquitous these days and this is just another example of a 'new' product also marketed as the "Bondic Pen". To me the only criteria that matter is how much does it cost, and does it cure properly for what I need it to do. Considering that the stuff is sold by the quart for surfboard repairs and similar tasks, fly tiers are being seriously ripped off for the most part. You might find this blog interesting if you are looking for a review of the usual suspects: http://www.flyfishfood.com/2015/10/u...-shootout.html

Thank you whatfly - that is exactly what this retired Chem teacher thrives on!
    Mike

FWIW, the 5 second fix looks exactly the same as Bondic. It stays tacky, and is by far the most expensive resin per ounce.

Cheech

Thanks Cheech, more UV for the fire or something!
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread