I was watching the video below, initially for the vicarious pleasure of watching a fishing trip in Patagonia and also to watch Tim Rajeff cast like I'll never be able, when all the sudden at about the 5:00 mark, Rajeff casually shows the guide a "new" leader to tippet knot from Lefty Kreh that really intrigued me for its simplicity and purported strength. I abandoned the two turn surgeons knot years ago in favor of the Orvis Tippet Knot, which I've found to be much superior and nearly as easy to tie. (And certainly much easier in my opinion than a blood knot). This knot Rajeff shows seems easier than all of them though, and if it works as well as he claims, I think I'd be inclined to change. I guess what I'd be curious about is: a) Is anybody familiar with this knot, and can you give any real world feedback on its performance; and 2) Is this just basically a two turn surgeons, tied a different way? I can't quite wrap my brain around the required visualization for that second question and my attempts to compare the two approaches with some old mono have been inconclusive, so I'm hoping to tap into some greater brainpower.

Here's the video, from photographer/filmmaker Todd Moen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNhDHgTbncc