So my wife and I are probably going to be moving away from the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota after I (finally) graduate from college (assuming I find a job ) and a few of the places I've applied to are near some rivers that are much larger than the local streams that I usually fish. So between day dreaming about fishing the big rivers near potential employers and my buddy urging me to take a trip to the Bighorn with him, I thought of a question. For guys who like to go out on the river with one vehicle, how do you solve the problem of getting back to your truck/trailer after getting out of the river several miles downstream? I've seen guides offer a vehicle shuttle service, do you just eat that $20+ fee every time you fish? Is it reasonable to leave a street legal side-by-side or ATV at the take outpoint before you start the day? What if you're fishing solo, could you still use the ATV method and just leave your drift boat anchored on shore (seems risky)? Also, is it possible to solo fish out of a drift boat while drifting?

Thanks