Hello Spinner
I always enjoy your stories and especially the photos. This particular one jolted me back to childhood. My mother use to make poached eggs on toast topped with horseradish for my sister and I. Fond memories.The Sunday Special breakfast was salted mackeral somehow cooked in a butter/milk concoction in her cast iron skillet. This was served over waffles......it was very, very good. My father had a penchant for hot, HOT peppers and we always waited to hear him "suffering" in "that" room. He also liked Limburger cheese (not the kind in a jar....he bought a brick of it) sliced thick on white bread with a thick slice of onion and butter. Monetary wise we were definitely on the lower side of the scale so with the exception of Halloween candy (commercial) was not seen in our house. Mom made "mashed potato" candy. It was leftover mashed potato with confectioners sugar rolled onto waxed paper and then spread with peanut butter and rolled up to be placed in the fridge for a few hours and then sliced to make pinwheel candy. Our "ice cream" was buttermilk and crushed pineapple with other ingredients frozen in an ice cube tray.
Thanks for the memories !!!

Bernie