+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hook assortment

Default Hook assortment

Is there anywhere taht i can purchase an assortment of fly hooks. I have a very limited amount of funds to spend on hooks and i dont feel like spending money to buy a 100 hooks at once. I need an assortment of nymph, dries, wet, scud, and streamer hooks. I have virtually none and have resorted to burning the material off the hook so i could tie a nother fly. Does anyone knows of an assortment i can buy?

------------------
    The way to a flyfisherman's heart is through his fly

I don't but most hooks come in 25 packs now.

If you don't mind tying on the older Mustads e-mail me yout address and I will ship you some. Ron

If you got $230 look here. [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23816&item=7137199 304&rd=1:a3168]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23816&item=7137199 304&rd=1[/url:a3168]

I think ill pass on biding 230 is more than a little out of my price range.

-Zac

------------------
    The way to a flyfisherman's heart is through his fly

Daiichi has some multi packs that you get ten of a certain hook in several sizes. They also offer a free sample of their hooks that you get ten free hooks in different sizes. Contact Angler Sport Group for the freebies.

go to your local walmart. they sell their own brand of aberdeen hooks that are great for streamers and large dries. they run about 80 cents for 20. if you dont have a walmart, then you can usually find them at sporting goods stores, but you will have to buy 50 packs at 3-4 dollars.

Check with Cabelas. Last year I got an assortment, something like 10 packs of 25 for about $20

In addition to the cheap Aberdeens at Wal-Mart(I forget the Wal-Mart brand name), K-Mart (Southbend) and Big Lots stores I know carry "dial a hook" round assortment boxes that go from size 10 up to about size 6. I use them for some nymph, subsurface bug, and streamer patterns because they have short, medium, and long shank hooks (some heavy wire and some light wire). About 2 or 3 dollars a box.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

walmart brand is renegade and i use them for most of my smaller streamers. they are 88 cents for a 20 pack in sizes 2 6 and 8. they also sell some cheap panfish assortments that arent that bad either. i think i got a 144 pack of 2 4 and 6 aberdeen hooks for around 4 dollars.

+ Reply to Thread