About three years ago, I bought my nephew a pair of Korkers Chrome wading boots with the interchangeable soles. When we were in Yellowstone in August, the button on the back of one of the boots, which secures the sole to the boot, pulled loose from the boot which caused the sole to come off with no way to reattach it.

I contacted Korkers customer service the other day and was concerned about what they would do since the boots are so old. I talked to a very nice guy named Ari in customer service who asked me to send him some pics of the boot. After I did this, he got back with me very quickly. He said that the pics clearly showed that the boots had not been abused and that there was a defect that had caused the button to come off.

Since the boot cannot be repaired, Ari said that if I would send him a pic of the boot showing that I had destroyed it by cutting down one side, he would send me a brand new pair of boots, even though the one year warranty period expired long ago. Needless to say, I took him up on this very generous offer.

You can't beat that for customer service!