+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fly tying stations

Default fly tying stations

im looking for the topic that was here in the last few months that was about fly tying stations, and there were tons of pictures of them. im remodeling my station, so im looking for inspiration.

[This message has been edited by phatkid248 (edited 24 February 2005).]

The thread i think was mine but i cant find it. Ill keep looking

-Zac

------------------
    The way to a flyfisherman's heart is through his fly

sorry JC, im looking more for the entire bench/room for the tying, rather than the little station. thanks anyway.
    There were a lot of posts- around 50-60, with a lot of pictures in the thread itself.

do a search on the FAOL board for fly tying bench. It was on january 9, 2005. I think thats the one. It has a bunch of pics and its 2 pages long.

------------------
    The way to a flyfisherman's heart is through his fly

Is [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum5/HTML/002589.html:7f034]THIS[/url:7f034] the one?

Jim

[This message has been edited by nowindknots (edited 24 February 2005).]

Thank for bringing this subject back up. It gave me a few ideas to add into my own. Just last night with the help of my girlfriend I started finally setting up a place in the house to sit down and tie flies after years of pulling out the materials from an old amoir every time I wanted to tie. Now I finally have a desk with the vise and tools laid out and easy to find which should allow me more time to tie and less time setting up and putting away the stuff every time.
    This should allow me to crank out more flies. This is a very good thing with trout season already slowly starting up, the Salmon close behind that and Steelhead fishing still in full swing.
    Now that I am tying for two people I need to crank out about 100 assorted flies for trout in the next month or so to replace the ones worn out or lost last year on top of the 50 I have already tied up in the past two months. Plus 30 or so salt water flies before the end of April. I also need to tie up a few more bass flies just in case. Thank goodness I still have plenty of Steelhead flies for the rest of the season and the girlfreind has not started fishing for Steelhead yet.

thats the one. thanks a lot. i think i will combine a few ideas from them. when im done, i will post my finished area.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Kid, that was a fun thread. I've added 1 thread rack to my set up sense that post, I hope to add 2 more real soon. One thing I know for sure, a comfortable chair makes all the difference in how long you can tie at one time. The new ergonomic chairs are worth looking into and worth every penny spent on one.
    Enjoy
    Jim

------------------
    If the women don't find you handsome:
    They should at least find you handy

I've pretty much got my set up the way I want it but my back is killing me....tell me about those ergonomic chairs>

ducksterman;
    Check out your local Office Depot or Staples and try to find some one there that can answer your questions. Most times their friendly and some times know what they are talking about. They can be a bit spendy but what is your back worth?
    Jim

------------------
    If the women don't find you handsome:
    They should at least find you handy

+ Reply to Thread