I'm a new Tenkara user and have a qustion about lines that may sound silly to those of you who are more experienced. I now have two Tenkara rods and began experimenting with lines recently and made a line from some braided catfish line I purchased at an estate sale and connected it to some Yamatoyo Flourocarbon line and then attached a monofilament tippet and it works beautifully, probably even better than the line that came with the first Tenkara rod I purchased. So why is there all the fuss about what line to use with Tenkara rods? It seems to me that when you're only casting 14-16' line it doesn't make a lot of difference. I can easily make maximum casts with my homemade combination and isn't that all you're looking for? BTW I caught a 15" largemouth yesterday in a farm pond on that line using a streamer. It was my biggest fish on a Tenkara and was pretty scary for a while and worried about breaking the tip, but the rod held up fine. I love this type of fishing for both trout and bass.