+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toe Tags?

Default Toe Tags?

Does anyone have a MS template already set up for toe tags? If you do and you feel like sharing, I'd love one sent as an attachment. I forgot to create any in the last swap and now realize I have no idea how to do so.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Diane...

All you would really need is to find an Avery or Avery style label that will fit on your tags... and MS Word will take care of the rest... no need for a specialized template... if you need assistance let me know...

------------------
    Colt45
    NY-Long Island

Oh, my! Is there a specific toe tag form that's to be used? Guess I'd better find out before I enter any more swaps! The last swap I entered, I printed the directions, where I got the pattern (the book, and authors), and a history of the fly, on regular paper, signed it, and ran the hook through the paper to attatch it. Hope that was alright! But if there's an "official" way of doing it, I'd better learn it. diane, you were right, the swaps are addictive, too!!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I know of no standards, nor templates.
    the labelling function works. there is no right or wrong way to do it. save of course neglecting to bother.

I just type pattern name tab (twice if necessary) and repeat three times, enter type my name under the pattern name. highlight copy and paste for the required 3 of flies. then I highlight it all and change font and print size.

mgj

Diane:

I print my toe tags using the spreadsheet program

~Parnelli

I use a spreadsheet also. Type what you want into the first line, select however many lines below it that you need and find "Fill Down" in your menu bar (might require picking "Down" under a submenu named "Fill"...depends on your email program).

Tell your spreadsheet to print borders around the cells and you have lines to guide your scissors if you want.

I just type my name and email address in a word processing document.
    I copy it 3 times across the page, ( increase the margins) and then double space it down the page.

Print the whole page and then have them handy when I mail out flies.

I cut them off the page and run the hook point thru it.

Rich

You can use the columns function in your word processing program and use the smallest, readable font. I like to use 2 rows of text. Then I save the document and use the find/replace function to quickly make a new batch of tags.

------------------
    Chuck Hitt

All you need to do is in spreadsheet type your user name and name of the fly. That's the bare minimum. I type my [name(user name)fly name, email address]. Diane if the swap you are talking about is mine, just email me the info and ill print them out and put them on.

-Zac

------------------
    The way to a flyfisherman's heart is through his fly

I also use a spreadsheet to make toe tags, and list on them:
    name (username)
    name of the fly
    I always include a copy of the receipe with the box of flies, and usually post it on the thread, unless otherwise directed by the swap leader.
    CJ

------------------
    The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread