+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colorado Pontoon Boat

Default Colorado Pontoon Boat

Anyone have any experience with this pontoon boat? The link is here: [URL=http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?coe=0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-23595%3a-24524%3a775969&mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_103308086 9.1111368853_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccddaddedgi hfikcfkfcfkjdgoodfkf.0boats so really don't know if it is or not. Any recommendations or things I should consider?
    Thanks for all your input, especially to a new guy in the neighborhood.

------------------
    ~Mark~
    "You cannot step into the same river twice for new waters are ever flowing upon you."
    Heraclitus

[This message has been edited by flyfishingmark (edited 20 March 2005).]

Mark,

It's a $340. kickboat. At that price it's a good deal if it serves your purposes and you don't care to spend more. I'd be careful of it on rivers but I'd also probably take it down the Ark (from what I've seen from Salida and up stream). There are way better made boats out there but they all cost more...but you'll be happier down the road.

My main complaints about this boat are
    -all the crap to hang your line up on
    - I thinkit's a steel frame...don't like that

Have fun
    Paul

I've had the Colorado TU 9' pontoon boat for a couple years now. Made by Classic Accessorys (who have given me very good service). It's a bit unwieldy to cartop (I haul it inflated on top of my Explorer) but that is really the only complaint. Bladders (2 in each 'toon) hold air well (it's been hanging in my garage for 4 months now and hasn't lost any air), there is a huge amount of storage space, enough for an "all dayer" if you want. You sit high...only the lower calves of your legs (ankles & feet too of course) are in the water. I have no problem finning it around the way I'd like to go. When you need to cover longer distances the oars work well (after you learn to row a non-tracking pontoon boat). In short, I'm happy with the boat. BTW, $390 at Sam's??? Mine costs 499 in Cabela's catalog. Hmmmm. More info? My email addy is in the profile.

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

Thank you for your replies. Silvertop, your specifics really helped me in my decision making too. What do you mean, Silvertop, by learning to row a non-tracking pontoon boat? I've never rowed any kind of boat, so not sure I'd know the difference any way. I'll be using this on lakes...can't really see using this on any of the rivers around here. Not that brave, yet! LOL

------------------
    ~Mark~
    "You cannot step into the same river twice for new waters are ever flowing upon you."
    Heraclitus

+ Reply to Thread