It seems that with each new vise query topic I read the replies and follow links or check out the recomendations. Each time, each year, I find myself wanting for that one vise manufacturer to read my mind and design and build the vise of my dreams, affordably.

I have 7 major points if interest that I'd like to see in a true rotary vise. If anyone is aware of a vise that satisfies these please tip me off.

1. Matted, anodized finish, preferable black. I tie around 1,000 dozen a year and long hours under bright lights is no place for a shiny vise. I cannot see why all these vise builders (or buyers?) insist on a highly polished product. I am aware of many brands that are finished in the manner I prefer but they fail other areas.
2. Cam Operated jaws. I know they abound and I appreciate them.
3. A C-Clamp that is wide enough to accept hotel room tables!!!! I do not, and will not, trust a pedestal base. Ever accidently knock your vise over, thus spilling a full jar of cement into a pile of 15 dozen newly tied Catskills?
4. Roughened jaw surfaces. I don't care if they are pebbled or serrated...hook pockets are nice too for big irons. Smooth jaw surfaces get almost glassy over time.
5. Generous "resting" surface behind the jaws (not too close) for my other hand to hang out. This is a touchy point too. If the jaws are too far below this surface it is useless and if this surface is too narrow or short it is useless.
6. A rotary lever that is on the same plane as the hook shank. For me at least, it is awkward to spin a lever that is perpendicular to the thing I am spinning.
7. Adjustable jaw angles. Access is everything!

FWIW: I am currently tying on a Griffin Odyssey Cam. For me it comes the closest but it's wimpy and I am very displeased with the jaws. Perhaps there is a vise out there that fits the bill that I have overlooked?