+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacker still around!

Default Hacker still around!

Howdy All,

Received a email last night stating someone tried to log on to my account and failed. I guess I'm safe for now. If something strange shows up under my name, it's not me. I am not selling or trying to promote anything on FAOL!

Bob9

I got the same e-mail a few minutes ago. "It" tried 5 times and didn't make it.

According to the IP address it came out of France

IP address37.187.7.74
    Host name justus.impium.de

George
    Last edited by Old #art; 07-23-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Got me too

same here a couple weeks ago.

I just got the email also - I checked the IP address and it comes from France. The Stop Forum Spam website has over 400 instances of that IP in just the last few days.
    I am a member of quite a few forums, for fly fishing, crappie fishing and a bunch of Ham Radio forums, and have not had this happen on any of those. I wonder why "they" are targeting FAOL.
    Clint
    in far west Kentucky

I also got hit, 1st time for me

Same email here, but it also has me thinking about a stronger password. Sometimes, I think: so what if someone gets into a forum under my name - it's NOT like getting into my banking information. Then I started to rethink my position. If they get into one of my accounts what else can they find out about me?

I found this today on how to make a strong password and thought that I would share it and maybe it can help make you more secure too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COU5T-Wafa4

Good luck everyone and stay safe - now that I did a hot link, can't figure out how to turn it off - sorry.

Thanks Clay, that is well thought out and simple. I will share that with other friends.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Default I am in the hacker's sights now

I received the same message about failed log in attempts. I'm not selling or buying anything at the moment and won't post again for at least two weeks. I will change my password to an even more secure one.

Stay safe, tight lines. Jim (Chemrat)
    Jim (chemrat)
    University City, Missouri, USA

I also got the notification e-mail last night at 9:15pm. The IP came from a TOR network redirector. This does not seem the same as the other comments above as the attack coming "from France". As one who has not hesitated to run up the BS flag from time to time, and also to go against the flow on many "holier than thou" opinions on here, it makes me wonder. My postings here have been fewer and fewer lately anyway.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

+ Reply to Thread