+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hacker still around!

Hybrid View

I also got the notification e-mail last night at 9:15pm. The IP came from a TOR network redirector. This does not seem the same as the other comments above as the attack coming "from France". As one who has not hesitated to run up the BS flag from time to time, and also to go against the flow on many "holier than thou" opinions on here, it makes me wonder. My postings here have been fewer and fewer lately anyway.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

I've never figured out - how do they get our e-mail addresses? They're not on the site, are they?

Site administrators have access to your e-mail. Someone has obviously hacked the board to get to them. If they downloaded that information they would still have it even if Ron fixed the problem. The most they can do with it is probably send these messages in hopes of getting you to give them more useful information. Unless you use the same password for multiple sites
    (don't do that) it shouldn't be more than a nuisance.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

I got one of these notices awhile back as well. However, it got me to thinking. I wonder how many members on here accounts were successfully hacked in less than 5 attempts?

Personally, 5 attempts seems like just about 2 attempts too many to me.

Tried me too
    Different IP address 109.163.234.7

Probably a Bait Fishing site........

+ Reply to Thread