Got volunteered to Sherpa a herd of flatlanders to see Grinnell, one of the glaciers the Park was named for. A pretty easy hike from Logan Pass along the Garden Wall/Highline but even so they were woefully unprepared and the trip was aborted about a mile short of the goal. Thank God my wife got stuck with walking them down to the Loop while I retraced the 7 miles back to the truck (they were so slow, the last shuttle back to Logan was long gone); a bit of a slog, but I made good time and even managed to see a mama ptarmigan with a pair of chicks and a number of bighorns in the parking lot, cleaning up after all of us sloppy tourists (no pics; sorry).
Amazingly, 2 of the members of the ill-fated trip wanted to try it again so, never one to turn down a chance to hike in the Park, off we went, this time straight up from the Loop.

been pretty dry but still a little water in the creeks

Heaven's Peak (stayed in the clouds the whole day)

McDonald Creek valley

black bear; happy for now, but the berry crop up on the trail looked pretty sparse

lots of these guys around

had to wait out a nasty thunderstorm (luckily we got to Granite Chalet before it hit); once that cleared we headed on up

target is the saddle on the far left