Quote Originally Posted by cycler68 View Post
That article doesn't depict the real South Dakota which is flat-as-pancake plains and nothing but fields of corn and soybeans.
Quote Originally Posted by David Parker View Post
BigDan.......after seeing and reading about that spot down south, I can't see why any Canadian would even think of wanting to go there to see such lousy scenery and to fish for minnows, when we can do much better up here.............ha!
Nice pics by the way. From what I have heard about South Dakota, I would love to get in a pheasant hunt one day, have to add that to my bucket list.
There certainly is a big difference in South Dakota once you cross 'the river' (Missouri River), in so many ways. I grew up in Northeast South Dakota, so I know all about corn and soybean fields, and being able to see forever since there isn't a tree or the slightest change in elevation to block the view. I've also had several seasons of outstanding pheasant and deer hunting. I've done a fair amount of travelling around the States but nothing compares to the pheasant or deer hunting in eastern South Dakota. The deer on this side of the river certainly don't seem as big and there is nary a pheasant to be seen in the Hills. And David, I don't know if you've done pheasant hunting anywhere else but I can reassure you again, there is nothing like pheasant hunting in South Dakota. Our pheasant numbers were a little low for a few years but they have started to bounce back nicely.