+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Bass Pro Flyrod

Default A Bass Pro Flyrod

I came across this rod while visiting a local Bass Pro shop. I kind of liked the looks and feel of the rod and was wondering if anyone on the board had one, and if so, what was their impression. I was leaning towards the 7-1/2 foot four weight. I think it may be a new addition to their line as I don't recall seeing it before. Here's a link to it:

http://www.basspro.com/White-River-F...1401170931243/

Thanks,

Bass Pro has had their White River line for over 10 years, now. I don't know when the "Classic" line came out, but Bass Pro has had their own brand of fly rod for some time. I don't own one and cannot comment on them from that viewpoint.

Paul

Yea, I was familiar with the White River line but had never come across the Classic line. The catalog says it is an upgrade to the Classic line. I guess I could have asked one of the clerks but based on past experience, most of them are not too up on the product lines.

BP just brought back their 270 rod. If I were to buy a BP rod, I think I'd go with it.

http://www.basspro.com/White-River-F...1401310941022/

I fished one of their Dogwood Canyon rods, which is their less expensive rod, for a long time with good results. I think BPS and Cabelas delivers good value on store branded merchandise.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I agree with all points of Uncle Jesse's post. When I got back into fly fishing, I started with BPS's lowest end rod, a Dogwood Canyon. I still have it and I like it. I have some Cabelas economy rods with which I also pleased. No, they aren't Gatti's and certainly aren't Kusse Quads, but they are pleasant and functional rods for pleasant and functional prices.

Regards,
    Ed

+ Reply to Thread