+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wool

Default Wool

Just letting everyone know that I strapped on my snowshoes and PFD and went to town this morning. Everyone who asked will be receiving their wool soon. I had little notes for everyone, but left them behind so I'll try to get e-mails off before your package arrives.

Tup;

You have truly gone above and beyond!! Man I love this place!! Can't think of anywhere else that the sharing has been as free, except Grandma's house, than here. And it happens from the top down!!

Don
    Don Rolfson

i got the wool today. it looks great and also takes dye very easily. thanks alot, and keep me in mind if you want to get rid of some more.

What kind of wool are you talking about.
    Also I couldn't help noticing your user name.
    In a land where there are thousands of jokes about country boys and sheep, I just wondered.
    No offense intended.

------------------
    Donald/Scotland
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

Jeff, I can't believe you got that package already! I'm glad you like it. I'll see what I can do about sending some more. Gotta restock supplies for ice-out and lambing is going to start soon and I obsess over that even more than fishing. It gets pretty intense around here.

Donald, I'm managing a flock that is mostly North Country Cheviot with some Montadale thrown in. Raised for meat and roaming freely on 200 acres of mixed woods and pasture, the wool isn't worth much for spinning, but I've been sharing some with folks from this board just for fun.

You can't offend me with jokes about country boys and sheep, but some of the pyrates in other parts of FAOL sure seem to light up when the subject comes around!

Ah, lambing season. The thought of plastic gloves that reach to your shoulder. The waking up every 2 hours to walk through the corral and lead the sheep by carrying their lambs into the shed. Finding that dumb yearling ewe that doesn;t realise she is supposed to take care of this lamb in a swirling herd of wool at 2am. sadly keeping track of the lambs that don't make it. Feeding those whose mama isn't doing the job.

Don't know whether to pity or envy you Tup!

Don
    Don Rolfson

You may both pity and envy me. I hope for no bottle babies, no assisted births and no deaths. Yeah, like that'll happen. Bottle babies are hardly worth the trouble but I know there will be a couple. Strange and unusual things happen in birth canals, especially when twins or trips are racing to get out, and lambs have an amazing knack for coming up with unbelievable ways to die.

I like to believe I'm ready for anything, but there are always surprises. I guess it builds character or something like that. Yes, rationalize away, that's it.

I will say this, though: it means spring is just around the corner!

Hey, Tup, My package of wool was waiting for me when I got home from work.

Once more, a big thanks for the effort!

Don
    Don Rolfson

+ Reply to Thread