+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellowstone

Currently experiencing low water and high water temperatures in many places in the Greater Yellowstone area. The State of Montana is imposing "hoot owl" regulations on several streams in the state. These regulations prohibit fishing of any kind from 2 pm until midnight each day. If you are going to fish these waters you need to get up early and plan something else to do after 2 pm. Due to the low water situation and the higher air temperatures I expect to see these restrictions on many streams before the summer is over.

The vast majority of the Yellowstone area is fine (except for mud due to rain) for the time being. No air temps out of the 80s in the 14-day forecast, and most in the low 80s or high 70s. The waters that they've closed are all further west at substantially lower elevations and/or have severe irrigation drawdowns that don't make them good fisheries in the middle of the summer anyway.

Here is what's closed now. http://fwp.mt.gov/news/newsReleases/...g/nr_0921.html Except for the Big Hole, none of these rank particularly highly on anybody's list in the summer (the Madison above Ennis Lake is fine and should remain that way).

Here I am being helpful, how out of character according to narcodog...
    Owner, Yellowstone Country Fly Fishing
    Head Guide, Parks' Fly Shop
    Fly Designer, Montana Fly Company
    Author, Yellowstone Country Flies and River Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Longs for Cutts View Post
    The vast majority of the Yellowstone area is fine (except for mud due to rain) for the time being. No air temps out of the 80s in the 14-day forecast, and most in the low 80s or high 70s. The waters that they've closed are all further west at substantially lower elevations and/or have severe irrigation drawdowns that don't make them good fisheries in the middle of the summer anyway.

Here is what's closed now. http://fwp.mt.gov/news/newsReleases/...g/nr_0921.html Except for the Big Hole, none of these rank particularly highly on anybody's list in the summer (the Madison above Ennis Lake is fine and should remain that way).

Here I am being helpful, how out of character according to narcodog...
    Not you, as you have never been in the shop when I was in there. It was your employees, they were oblivious to me being in the shop. Even after buying some items.

+ Reply to Thread