+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middle School tying class starts tomorrow!!!

Default Middle School tying class starts tomorrow!!!

Finally, my fly fishing/tying club will start tying flies tomorrow!!!! I am so excited!!! I've just spent the last 30 minutes practicing the fly that I will probably teach them to tie (It may change tonight when I try a few others). The kids are excited - I wish you could all see their eyes when I told them today that they will tie their first fly tomorrow!! I'll keep you all posted on the class. And thank you to all who have been so generous in helping me get this club started - it means so much!

2. Default

i wish i had something like that around here when i was in middle school

Ranchwife, Two things, if you have a chance to have some one take some photos I would love to see the class. Second item. I have two Tompson whip finisher that I don't need. I know they aren't the easiest tool to use but if you can use them I'll send them along. I think I still have your address if not I'll e-mail you.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

------------------
    Michael (Wooly) Woolum
    State Certified Hunter Education Instructor
    Hickory, MS

Your kids are lucky. I am a sophamore in highschool right now. I always thought it would be great to have a fly tying club at my school, but no one in the area ties but me. I wish i could send you some stuff but i am extreamly scarce on the materials that i have. i hope you are able to take some pictures of your class it would be interesting to see.

-Zac

------------------
    The way to a flyfisherman's heart is through his fly

5. Default

bass_angler
    : i'm a junior in highschool in the same situation as you, no one else ties flies or even likes flyfishing i wish they did i would definatly be interested in a club like that

fishtrout33---fill out your profile so that we know where you live. Many would might like to help in your area.

------------------

Bill

7. Default

i will, i recently registered and just havent gotten around to it yet

I met with my first group of students this morning. They had a blast, and so did I!! We tied a suspended midge. They did fairly well for their first fly! I had a flex cam on the fly I was tying, so they could see it on the TV. It worked well. I meet with 40 more kids later today (in two different sessions) - hope it goes as well as this morning. I'm creating a web page for the club and I'll post it here when it gets up and running so you can all see the kids tying!

I am with Bass_angler_04 on this one. I am also a spohmore in highschool and would love to have a class, but I am stuck with the same dilemma, not many tyers round here. Maybe I can gather that tyers that are here, and get more people interested in it?? sounds good to me. Good luck Ranhwife, with your class.
    - David

Way to go ranchwife! Have fun.

+ Reply to Thread