The house is smelling great! Should have looked, but grabbed fleece from the first bag I came to. I just happen to have grabbed the fleece from my 250 lb tup (ram) Monty, and how shall I say this...the aroma is quite distinctive!

I will have a small quantity of the uniquely colored wool from 'down there' that goes into the Tup's Indispensible if someone would like it. I've seen versions of this fly tied with synthetic materials and the color is a bright yellow. Nothing at all like the 'true' yellow that comes from a ram putting on his perfume.

The wool I will be sending out will be fairly clean, with most of the grease (lanolin) and dirt, grass, burrs, etc. removed. It should take dyes readily, but it will be really nothing more than a clump of wool. The fibers pull out nicely and everyone should be able to manipulate it into whatever form thay want, but I would like to know more about what a fly tier would look for in a natural fiber product like this. Maybe it's the shack nasties or frostbite on the brain, but I'm feeling industrious. I've decided to invest in a set of wool combs so I can draw the fibers out into nice bunches, and I'm going to play with dyeing some, too. Am I being silly in thinking that there might be a niche here? Any feedback would be appreciated. E-mail me or respond here.

For now, though, we'll look at this as what it is: I've got wool and if you want some, I'll get it to you. I've had a good response so far, and will get stuff in the mail when it's nicely dried.

[This message has been edited by Tup (edited 03 February 2005).]