+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WooHoo! Wish came true!

Default WooHoo! Wish came true!

Didn't want to hijack NJTroutbum's thread, but I did get my wish (sort of). Started the day with my 3wt and the fish just weren't cooperating. Tried a couple different spots; nothing happening. I finally caught a snag and lost my rig, so I headed to try one last spot and instead of re-rigging I grabbed the 5wt which was already rigged up in the Rod Loft. Things started really slow here too; no action, and I was just about to pack it in when I hit a nice pockets of gills. I landed 8 or 10 plus one small bass, all on a Prince Nymph dropper under a foam hopper. They might have been more fun on the 3 but I'm not complaining. I took a few shots, but my daughter said. "Dad, those look just like all your other fishing pictures." I guess there's only so many ways you can take a pic of a fish and a rod and reel.

There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Its always nice when persistence pays off. Sounds like a fun day.

We all have dozens of pictures with the fish next to the reel. What somebody needs to market is a prop rod and reel where the reel is about one inch in diameter. Make those pictures look really great without Photoshop. Can we Crowd Source this idea? Nice bluegill. Been having a slow start this year too.

Cute idea Bill, You could use the J. Austin Forbes micro reel and rod for the photos. The reel is about the size of a quarter and the rod's only 36 inches long. http://www.jaustinforbes.com/

Prairieschooner: I'm glad that you got a chance to get out and that you found some fish that wanted to play. Bream can be finicky at times and as tightlipped as a wary old trout. That said, they are my favorite fish to target as they use their whole body to fight and even the little ones are scrappy. Very pretty fish.

Jim Smith

How about one of those measuring tapes that look like a reel? LOL

Always fun to get into a mess-O-Gills using trout gear! They can be stubborn and hard to find on larger lakes for sure. Nice work!

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Fun indeed! Good job!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread