+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sharing Materials

Default Sharing Materials

I am just curious. Do you enjoy sharing your materials with other tyers? Personally I have so much that I usually give a tyer whatever he/she asks for. There is one tyer on this forum that is so good I would give him my last piece of anything.

Pats Man,

Like you, I tend to accumulate materials. I always 'think' I'm saving money buying in 'bulk'.

Most of it goes to other tyers I know.

Almost as much fun as giving away the flies.

Good Luck!

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

A friend of mine who was one of the ones that taught me how to tye told me that if I order something and it is real good when I get it, to hurry up and re order before they are out of it. I did it many many times and that is why I have so much. But it always a lot of fun.

I can speak from personal experience when I say that Pats Man is a great sharer of his materials. Having been the "sharee", I can only say that it has been greatly appreciated. Thank you Pats Man.
    Eric

I guess I'm the same as Pat's Man. I seem to be buying allot of extra stuff "just in case." Plus, I go to a local store and always manage to forget the shopping list I made up and buy what I think I need. It's going to work though since I am starting to teach a tying class at a senior citizens home in the next month or two. I'll get all the use out of what I have. Plus, there's a group of us that get together a couple times a year and the excess makes good swapping goodies.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

I'm too broke to save money by buying bulk lol

I get what I need when I need it, and usually do pretty well making do with what I have on hand. It works for me, and I also tie with a lot of natural materials which I can supply for myself (squirrel, pheasant, goose, etc.)

Oh, and I do like to share what I have when I have it (usually game materials).

[This message has been edited by OkieBass133 (edited 15 February 2005).]

I just 'met' some folks from this board by sharing some of a surplus and have really enjoyed it. I look forward to doing it some more. I'd have to go back and look, but I think I've seen some materials swaps somewhere around here before?

Yes, there have been material swaps here on FAOL. I participated in one recently and got some great stuff! I don't think it helped reduce how much stuff I have on hand though. It just changed what I have...

+ Reply to Thread