+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last minute quick help needed ....

Default Last minute quick help needed ....

I have promised to be very, very good at the Onc/Heme on Thursday, with a promise that if I am, we can go to South Dakota on Saturday. Being 800+ miles away, this time of year is always chancy. Can anyone give me a fairly accurate, current, report on the waters around the Black Hills? (I know there are no trouts, but the multicolored creek chubs appear to be in the vicinity. We have heard of the snow fall (18") this last weekend, and are not sure of what that melt, plus the regular winter melt, plus any rain forecast, might have on the waters. (ie: mud sludge, ferocity, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Are looking for exotic newts and toads?

Ed
    Last edited by Ed_D; 05-13-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Hey have you talk to Hans ? In rapid?
    My relations over in on pine ridge says lots of snow .......
    yeah ,like they are just gonna jump on the hook ,,,huh

yeah ,like they are just gonna jump on the hook ,,,huh

Quote Originally Posted by foambug65 View Post
    Good advice there Betty. When Jack and I were there, the info they gave us was spot on.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Miss Betty Correct on the snow. Spearfish is now all green but higher elevations still have quite a bit. Forecast is for rain for weekend and the ground is pretty saturated right now. Came through the canyon this afternoon and not bad. In town is high and cloudy. I'm probably heading to Pierre Sat for white bass and smallies. I'll give you an update Friday

Thank you, guys, for the suggestion to call Hans. I like Hans. I've spent great amounts of time and money in his store. I read his reports. HOWEVER ... he's in the business. Like all fishermen, I feel he will tell conditions like he thinks you want to hear. The fly that works best is the one he has the most of in his shop. The waters that fish best are the ones you say you are planning on fishing. I don't mean to sound bitter, but I have been at this for quite a while. OK ... so it's that or I have no freekin' business even trying to fish anywhere other than the neighborhood retention pond.
    8wt, thank you! I appreciate the actual eyes on the water. And the real weather report. We will make our final decision based on what I hear from you. The guys/vampires in the infusion room get lucky on this one. I'll have to behave myself there on Thursday if I hope to go anywhere on Saturday!
    With crossed fingers ...

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Just re-read my post and I apologize .... I do sound bitter in it and unthankful. Far from that, I'm very thankful for you all putting up with me all these years. I guess when you don't know how many more trips you have in you, you want to make sure the ones you get are good. I feel sort of like Simon and Garfinkel ... "Preserve your memories ... that's all that's left you."

Default Trip

None of us getting older know how many more trip we have left.
    I'm 79 1/2 and just booked my 4th trip to Hubbards Yellowstone Lodge, last year I drove (never again)
    I even canceled a two day drive to a graduation because it's too much of a drive.
    Enjoy every fishing trip you can.
    For those who can retire and think ( I'll stay a few more years and get a bigger retirement) you may not make those few more years and they could be the best years of your life.
    I have been retired 25 years come Dec and haven't regretted a day. Let's go fishing.
    Bob.

Life's short - eat dessert first!

+ Reply to Thread