+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Temporary free access to fly fishing shows

Hybrid View

Default Temporary free access to fly fishing shows

While deleting some unused channels from my TV lineup today, I stumbled upon something that I thought might be of interest to you guys too. There's a television network out there that I'd never heard of before, called the World Fishing Network, that I gather is something like The Golf Channel for the sport of fishing obviously, and normally available only as part of an upgraded bundle of channels. Well, as some of the premium channels do from time to time, they've apparently made the channel free on a sort of preview basis for the month of April only, across many of the cable, satellite and DSL providers. I'm bummed that I missed most of the month, but I did a quick scan of the programming and found numerous fly fishing shows with several episodes yet to air before the end of April. I've set my DVR to catch all of them before the preview ends. I have absolutely no affiliation with any of these people, but was pleased to find some fly fishing programming (if only for a few more days) and thought I'd pass on the discovery. If you're interested, here's a link to the website with a description of their fly fishing programming. If you're interested in other types of fishing, just click on the "List shows by" drop down menu near the top of the page and choose something other than "Fly". Enjoy!

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/t...?v=grid&ft=Fly

To save some of you time, Direct TV doesn't carry it!

Check out "King of the River", if you can. It's a good show!

Charter cable dropped it a few months ago, also. Yet another reason to hate the cable co.

I whine at least once a week to direct tv,, an how they need wfn over flw ... Still to no avail . When all else fails you tube wins!!!!
    yeah ,like they are just gonna jump on the hook ,,,huh

Quote Originally Posted by foambug65 View Post
    I whine at least once a week to direct tv,, an how they need wfn over flw ... Still to no avail . When all else fails you tube wins!!!!
    I've done the same thing with Charter. When I ask them why they dropped it all I get is B.S. answers. One guy actually said they dropped it due to low viewership. So I asked him how come they kept all the worthless channels we are forced to pay for like the Cricket Channel. I'm sure a lot of people watch it. Out of over 200 channels WFN is the only one they dropped. I still think it's over money although WFN denies it.

+ Reply to Thread