The second of two very highly regarded fly rods that I've reluctantly chosen to part with. Again, I'm not sure why, but I seem to have gravitated back to faster actions, and these have been sitting idle as a result. This is part of the great series of fiberglass rods manufactured by Diamondglass in their Vermont plant before they were acquired by Cortland and production discontinued. The line was later reintroduced by Cortland, but with blanks made overseas. This is the 8 foot 4 weight model, an extremely versatile length/weight and action in my experience. Diamondglass utilized S glass in their rods, and I found this to be perfect for most any type of fishing I might need to do on any given day. Spectacular with dries as you'd expect, but also great with nymph rigs and an indicator, and even streamers of modest size. Rod is in excellent shape, with only some soiling on the cork that I'll leave up to the next owner as to whether they want to clean. Pics aren't as good as I'd hoped, but the blank is a black gloss with what I'd call dark ruby red wraps and rosewood reel seat insert. Original tube and bag. I'm selling it for $235 shipped in the continental US and I'm listing it in more than one place, so multiple responses to buy will be resolved according to the time the response was received. Send me a PM or email at gmail.com preceded by jngeneralmail@ Sorry to be so cryptic with the email address, but just trying to beat the spam bots that scour web pages sometimes for active addresses.