Thread: Classic Orvis Far & Fine 7'9" 5 wt.

Threaded View

Default Classic Orvis Far & Fine 7'9" 5 wt.

One of two very highly regarded fly rods that I've reluctantly chosen to part with. Not sure why, but I seem to have gravitated back to faster actions, and these have been sitting idle as a result. This is one of the earlier generation Orvis Far & Fine rods, one of those graphite rods that seem to have maintained a legendary status decades after their introduction. This rod features the original unsanded blanks and unequal sections, and this particular one features the downlocking cork reel seat, which I think is arguably the best looking configuration Orvis offered. The rod itself is in great shape. I'm not the original owner, but I see no signs of damage or neglect on the rod itself, and the cork shows surprisingly little evidence of use. Really the only two things that suggest use are the butt cap, which I've captured in a picture and that shows the kind of scuffs typical of having been rested on its end many times, and the aluminum rod tube, which isn't dented but has accumulated a few scuffs as well. This is truly one of the sweetest casting, most versatile 5 weights around, and somebody needs to exercise it more than I am. Pics aren't as good as I'd hoped, but the blank is the color many are familiar with from this series: a sort of charcoal color unsanded blank with garnet wraps. Original tube and bag. I'm selling it for $235 shipped in the continental US and I'm listing it in more than one place, so multiple responses to buy will be resolved according to the time the response was received. Send me a PM or email at gmail.com preceded by jngeneralmail@ Sorry to be so cryptic with the email address, but just trying to beat the spam bots that scour web pages sometimes for active addresses.

PM or email me if you want the original pictures. I've beat my head up against the wall for too long today trying to overwrite the upside down/sideways orientation on a couple of these when uploading from the iPhone and I'm throwing in the towel...

Last edited by John_N; 04-19-2015 at 06:04 PM.