+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diabetes and Me

Hybrid View

Default Diabetes and Me

Just occurred to me I posted a long time ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Prescribed exercise, new diet, and 4 Metformins a day for 2,000mg.

Well I managed to cut that to 2 pills a day or 1,000.

I am more than pleased to inform that I have lowered my A1C from whatever it was, to 6.2, down to 5.1 and now am OFF meds for diabetes. The last time I saw the doc he referred to me as pre-diabetic as opposed to being diabetic. Since I last saw him I have eliminated meds for it. I will always be pre-diabetic, but believer I have conquered it in MY body.

Congrats to me. Not the point of the msg. Sort of it can be done...and informing those who know me I have beat diabetes in my honest opinion.

Jim

Congratulations to you Jim. I have family members who are diabetic and I know that it takes real discipline to change one's lifestyle and do what you have done to fight this disease. Well done!

All the best,
    Ted

Jim,

With the will and self-discipline you've shown, you have every right to pat yourself on the back. Well done and continued good health to you.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Hey, Jim, did you lose a lot? Congrats on conquering it.

Yes I did. I lost 35 lbs. I eliminated one of my blood pressure meds. Eliminated Metformin. Eliminated 4 anti-depression meds per day. 3 Zanax and one Effexor...which I was told I would never be able to stop. And I am so confident that I do not take my Glucose reading very often anymore. I believe I have control over it. It is a good thing. It is ALL good.........

Wow! That's great.

+ Reply to Thread