Thread: Diabetes and Me

Threaded View

Thank you Scott, and Ted, and Karen and Wayne. Didn't post it to get kudos....but it feels good to get them.

Thank you all.

Credit goes to my new wife. Our first anniversary is coming up this June. She is a retired nurse and very knowing about what certain foods do to the body. Her knowledge has helped me greatly. I belive I have conquered prostrate cancer as well.

I was not aware that some foods cause inflammation in the body. That sugar feeds cancer....etc. She should write a book.....

We make our own bread with no sugar and no eggs. We use it to make pizza's, dough dabs, buns, wrap around no nitrite/nitrates turkey hot dogs....and bread. She makes yogurt by buying greek yogurt and uses that to make a healthy version of yogurt and ice cream. She uses it in a vitamix to max a warm bkfst cereal. We try to buy nothing but organic...and range fed. And we have awesome vegetables out of the garden in summer time. Winter where I are cannot have a garden. We also make a breadfast bar we call it, and healthy brownies.......

It is not a diet. As you said....it is just a lifestyle. I saw only a part of a news thing the other day.....but they were talking about a paleo diet. It sounds like what we are doing.....just fyi

Thank you again for the compliments. It does prove it CAN be done. I think many of us do not think it can.
    But it can happen.
    Last edited by Whitewolf; 03-21-2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: to correct typos