+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idaho In Late June

Default Idaho In Late June

Plan to be in Idaho in late June and would like to set up a fly fishing trip. Open to any suggestions. Right now considering the southeast part of the state. Considering Henrys Fork and Snake River. Guide recommendations including float and wade trips would be appreciated.

Send a PM to Byron Haugh on here for recommendations on the Henry's Fork, if he doesn't chime in on his own, as I believe he normally fishes there that time of the year.

John

I was in that part of ID this past Sept. Very nice area. we stayed in Victor ID and rented a house. We used Heise Expeditions and Teton Valley Lodge to fish the S Snake river. Both were very good and I would use them again.

Several years ago I was in the Boise and Sun Valley areas for part guided and part DIY. This also was an excellent trip. I used Deschutes River Anglers to guide the Owyhee and definitely would use them again. We fished the Silver river, Big Woods and S. Boise river ourselves.

I was also able to fish the panhandle for day. I did a DIY to the Coeur D'Alene river, again a great trip for wild cutts. This is a part of ID I have to get back to.

There is no bad place to go in ID, the problem is picking just 1 location.

Thanks Rizeye, just the type of information I am looking for. We like to use guided trips, learn a little (or a lot) then go DIY. My wife likes to fly fish too, but often times likes to put the rod aside and just take in the scenery. From what I can see on the internet, all the places you mention will fit the bill.

You might want to look into the Teton River for an option, too. I believe it is a spring creek, which should be more fishable if the other rivers are still high.

High water isn't going to be an issue this year. We've had record warmth for most of the winter (about 6 degrees above normal and rising, on average) and I wouldn't be at all surprised if runoff isn't essentially over everywhere by mid-June. It has been 55-70 degrees for all of March so far and we usually get lots of snow in the same timeframe. We are starting to worry a lot about what our water conditions will look like in August.
    Owner, Yellowstone Country Fly Fishing
    Head Guide, Parks' Fly Shop
    Fly Designer, Montana Fly Company
    Author, Yellowstone Country Flies and River Characters

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    You might want to look into the Teton River for an option, too. I believe it is a spring creek, which should be more fishable if the other rivers are still high.
    One vote against the Teton. Have never had good fishing on it. If you're near there, you're not far from the Henrys Fork....much more productive....in my opinion.

Ok I am going to let this out , I fish the snake river in Ririe
    also the RR bridge off the interstate short of Rexburg,
    and Byron is right ,, I too have had little success with the Teton,
    but of course heading up to Island park is always a winner,
    I stay in Idaho Falls so the locations I 1st mentioned are real close..
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread